Lumberton Special Services Department
Community involvement, through support and participation, enhances the successful growth of all.
The family is a great influence on an individual.
Trust in God and sound moral values contribute to success.
A positive environment provides an individual with the opportunity to achieve his/her maximum potential.
Individuals who take ownership of learning through goal-setting, hard work, and commitment experience success.
Every person is responsible for his/her own actions.
Early intervention lays a foundation for success.
A diverse curriculum fosters students’ growth academically, socially, and emotionally – creating independent life-long learners.
Teachers and Staff
Elementary School (K-8)
- Sherry Fruge, Pre-K through Kindergarten Resource Teacher
- Letitia Robbins, Resource Assistant
- Deidra McLemore, Personal Care Attendant
- Andria Smith, 1st & 2nd Grade Inclusion Teacher
- Deanna Cavalier, 3rd Grade Inclusion Teacher
- Hope Dickerson, 4th & 5th Grade Inclusion Teacher
- Lanilla Burch, 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Inclusion Teacher
- Victoria Finley, Language Speech Pathologist
- Paula Sapp, Language Speech Pathologist Headstart/Day Cares/Case Manager
- Layne Benedict, Language Speech Pathologist K-12th Grade
High School (9 – 12)
- Rosalie Chabert, 9th Grade – 12th Grade Inclusion Teacher
- Stephanie Knight, 9th Grade – 12th Grade Inclusion Teacher
- Michelle McGill, 9th Grade – 12th Grade Inclusion Teacher
- Amanda Smith, Occupational Diploma/Living Skills Teacher
The Lumberton Public School District is participating in an ongoing statewide effort to identify, locate and evaluate children through the age of twenty-one who are physically, mentally, communicatively, or emotionally disabled. Early identification of children in need of special educational experiences is most important to each child. Furthermore, this information gathered from contacts with parents, interested community members, and public education agencies will be used to help determine a free, appropriate public education for all children with disabilities.
If you are aware of anyone in need of services, please contact Rhonda Livingston, Special Services Director for the Lumberton Public School District, at (601) 796-8674.View Special Services Office